Saturday, April 28, 2012

Looking to the Future...

When it comes to the future of social media and libraries, I'm really not sure where things will go from here.  The world of social media in general has changed so drastically just in the past few years that it is really unknown where it will go in just the next 2 years.  I do have a feeling that libraries are definitely moving toward a more user-centric business model, so using social media and other Library 2.0 tools will definitely become a major way to reach patrons.  So I think that many more libraries will in fact start using social media, have it integrated into their websites, etc.  I also hope to see some major overhauls with online catalogs, moving more towards the next gen. catalogs we read about earlier this semester since they would be much more friendlier to the user.  As we are moving towards a user-centric model it would make sense for all services and features of the library to be more user friendly and accessibility is key.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to imagine what the social media landscape will look like in a few years. Who knew Facebook would become the giant it is?

    ReplyDelete